Tourists can get their visa at Bangkok Airport after arrival by "Visa On-Arrival" But I would suggest people to get visa stamped at Bengaluru office before flying.
Why should we get visa prior to our travel?
- You can see a very long Q in Bangkok airport to get your visa stamped.
- Thailand charges fee of 2000THB for visa on-arrival (Single Entry) which is almost double the amount paid in India.
- It is always good to have your visa ready before you fly.
- Visa on-arrival is time consuming process which takes 2-3 Hours during peak time in Thailand.
- Most of the flight to Thailand reaches early morning and very difficult to stand in Q at that time.
What are the steps to be followed to get your Thailand tourist visa at Bengaluru Office?
- Keep the necessary documents ready with you. refer the article "What are the documents required to apply for Thailand Tourist Visa?" for more information on documents.
- Carry all necessary documents to visa office located in Bengaluru.
Thailand Visa Application Centre
Global Tech Park No: 11, 1st Floor, O Shaughnessy Rd
Langford Town, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025
Landmark: Hockey Stadium
Submission Timings: 08:00 to 12:00 - 13:00 to 15:00 (Monday-Friday)
Passport Retrieval Timings: 08:00 to 12:00 - 13:00 to 15:00 (Monday-Friday)
Location: click here
- There won't be any interview for visa and it is just submission of your documents. Go to 1st floor and wait for your turn. Submit all the necessary documents which are arranged accordingly to checklist form order.
- Once documents are submitted in the counter. Move to the next counter to pay visa fee. In addition, they do charge service fee of Rs.315/- and they take around 5 days to process your application and get your passport. You can collect the passport at Visa office itself or they have option of sending to your address through courier and charges are extra. They charge Rs.215/- for courier services.
- You can keep track of your application status online by providing your passport number and date of birth. click here.
- For more information, please visit website or contact :
Additional Charges encounter during my visit to VFS, Bengaluru
I carried laptop and helmet along with him and they charged me Rs.100/- to buy a locker to keep my things. Laptops are not allowed inside VFS office.